Friday, January 9, 2009

Nancy's "Bagels and Books" went very well, with at least 25 people. Some people brought their books for me to sign, but 18 folks bought them. I spoke about writing the book, and the Alice R. O'Grady Award for Excellence in Science, and, on request, Laura Damon and I demonstrated hilife dancing.


Since then I've been furiously trying to accomplish all the things that need doing before I leave on Thursday. The PowerPoint program is almost ready, and I've just gotten another booking in Florida, making six in that state.


Another friend, Ann Beebe, is hosting a "Bagels and Books" event on Monday morning, Jan. 12, inviting a different crowd from the one at Chautauqua Institution. Last I heard, she had responses from six people who were planning to attend; as she lives out in the country, the weather will make a big difference as to who comes. Today it's snowed all day, adding about a foot to what was already on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment